Prince William Talks 'Very Special' Moment With Queen Elizabeth » Celebrity Gossip

Prince William Talks 'Very Special' Moment With Queen Elizabeth » Celebrity Gossip
Prince William Talks 'Very Special' Moment With Queen Elizabeth

After Queen Elizabeth has spent 60 years on the throne, Prince William has now opened up to give the world a sneak peek into one of his favorite memories with his royal Grandmother.

Recalling his officiation at the Royal Military Academy on December 15, 2006 (pictured above), the Duke of Cambridge says that having his Grandmother present was a "very special" and "proud" moment for the now search and rescue pilot. Clearly seen in the photo above, the 29-year-old Royal couldn't hold back a smile as the Queen walked by.

Explaining the day in further detail, Prince William said, "Taking part in the Sovereign’s Parade at Royal Military Academy Sandhurst is a moment I will never forget. After a very demanding 44 week course, it was a memorable celebration of personal and collective achievement for everyone concerned. I felt especially proud to receive my commission as an officer in front of my grandmother, The Queen. She has been an incredible role model to me over the years, so it was very special to have her present for my graduation. I know it was also a memorable moment for my fellow officers to take part in the Parade in front of The Queen as Head of the Armed Forces."

The Duke also vividly remembers the words of wisdom his Grandmother passed along to him and his fellow military members, saying, "I remember The Queen’s words as she addressed us from the tremendous parade ground at Sandhurst: 'You must be courageous yet selfless, leaders yet carers, confident yet considerate.' These qualities of selflessness and duty are values that The Queen has continuously demonstrated over the last 60 years and are qualities that remain very important to me."